I feel like my last post was long and boring, so I'll try to keep it short.
I took a bus and three trains to get to Bristol, England, from Wales. I was visiting my friend I met in Paris who goes to Bristol University. After settling in, making dinner, and chatting for awhile, we went out to a pub called The Woods for some amazing cider. That's when you know you're in England: twenty something different kinds of hard cider, and that may only be the beginning. After roughing it for the weekend, I have to admit that it was a huge relief to take a shower and put on a skirt (washed all of my clothes, so I borrowed some).
We slept in on Wednesday. A history professor at Bristol University is the primary researcher and historian on the development of modern witchcraft and earth religions. He has written some dense, detailed books on its history, when other historians ignore the subject. My friend and I went down to his office, but he wasn't there, so I wrote a note and stuck it under his door. Whether the note gets blown away under a bookshelf, or something, I don't know, but it was fun to try. Then, we had a barbecue in the park, with a view of the town. I got some new travel pants, which helps so much, and we managed to get a few more drinks in at a nearby pub before going to bed.
Thursday, I caught the bus to the airport after a vegan milkshake. It was lovely to spend time with my friend, and to truly relax and get a little bit of my life sorted out. I'll be back in Bristol next week, on my way to Italy.
your last post may have been long, but it included a LOTR reference! :-)
ReplyDelete