Today, I met up with my two new American friends, some crazy hilarious guys from West Virginia, after picking up a new British phone that has an international deal. The three of us went to the West End Festival, a huge thing going on right now with music, performances, and food. Meandered through the park, listened to music here and there, and saw the parade. Let me say this about the Scottish: they are not shy. Strangest costumes I've seen in one place (aside from NYC on Halloween). Mushroom hats, storm troopers, fairies, a crowd of people in banana costumes, tons of strange colors and sequins, and a huge amount of belly dancers. Women of all shapes, sizes, and ages dancing through the crowd barely dressed.
Listened to bag pipers. Lots of bagpipers.
Met up with my couchsurfing host, a young Scottish film producer living here in Glasgow. Chatted for a long time over dinner, and now heading to bed.
Going to try to keep up with this blogging thing so that I remember what I do. Going to Wales in the morning.
Yes, you must keep blogging, otherwise how can I stalkerishly live vicariously through you all summer? Want to travel with me when you get back? It's only like $471 for round trip plane tickets to Honduras (for those of us who have to pay for our own plane tickets). Miss you!
ReplyDeleteSam
But I don't speak Spanish...
ReplyDelete