Saturday, June 13, 2009

Glasgow

This is the first day of my summer journey. I thought I would try to blog as much as possible, mostly because I feel like I will lose stories if I don't write often. Even though I do feel like I am talking to air...

Almost missed my bus this morning. I have always had trouble packing when I make huge life shifts. After asking someone if I could follow him through the ticket machines at the metro this morning, I wasn't quite fast enough and my backpack got caught on the doors. He stood there and watched me tug and tug, and finally launch myself out from the doors. Made it all the way to Scotland without a problem; the airport was much easier than last time. Though, at customs, apparently "going on an epic journey" is not a clear enough response after being asked where I am traveling after the UK.

Found my hostel, already have two new friends (American backpackers). Sorting out life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! So excited you've begun your adventure and hope you're having a lovely time in Scotland - Germany sounded awesome! 22nd-24th June is absolutely perfect I can't wait to see you! :-D

    And you can definitely mail anything to me! The best thing to do if it's a parcel/needs to be signed for would be to mail it to my home address in London though:
    74 Marsworth Avenue, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5 4TT, UK.

    My post box in Bristol is small so everything bigger than a bill generally gets sent straight to the mail sorting office in a dodgy area in the middle of nowhere which is a bit of a pain to get to! And I'll now be in London on Sunday 21st June (Father's Day) so I could pick it up then and bring it back to Bristol Sunday night.

    But if it's a letter and won't need to be signed for by all means send it to Bristol:
    605C Blenheim Court, Marlborough Street, Bristol, BS1 3NW.

    Will be thinking of things to do when you get here and will get in contact with Michaela too (^_^)

    Lots of love, Carrie xxxx

    ReplyDelete