Friday, June 12, 2009

Paris Life

I've spent the past couple of weeks finishing up classes, traveling a bit, and savoring the last few moments in Paris. I'm leaving tomorrow, beginning my summer journey. I'm leaving my suitcase in Paris with my host family, and heading to Scotland. The weather has been just as beautiful as I would want it to be right up to the end. I visited a few of my favorite places in the last couple of days, taking pictures and finishing up errands. We had a final dinner together as the study abroad group: laughed a lot, ate well, and drank by the Seine.

Paris became normal, my home. I am used to the language, the lifestyle, and the people. Well, as much as one can get used to such a foreign place. But, I feel that it was not as difficult to learn from the French as some people claim. I hope to carry some lessons with me: "C'est Paris" as an explanation for everything, to love parks and little dogs, to put my bread on the table and drink tiny coffees, but also to be just the right (often strangely chosen) amount of expression. And speak quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment