Friday, June 19, 2009

Even the rain is beautiful. Everything is green and misty, as if the colors become more vibrant. I walked along the road yesterday, on my way to the Center for Alternative Technology, following a winding river surrounded by moss-covered trees. It can only be described as fairy land. Almost impossible to believe its beauty, something that happens every day here. And I saw tipis, because there is a hippie group nearby that live in them.

I have become close friends with my couchsurfing host. I was supposed to move on after one night here in Corris, a village near Machynlleth, but soon decided to stay, which now has turned into four nights. Wales is a land full of magic, mixed in with eco-friendliness and sheep. Ancient trees, hawks and ravens, and rolling green hills. The coast is not far, with rocky or sandy beaches, coves, and cliffs. It is a little bit like Maine, actually, with the beach towns made for the summer. But these little towns still have several health food stores, libraries, fair trade everything and farmer's markets. The bread is the best I've ever eaten, and I've had a lot of bread in Europe. In fact, we've eaten quite well, cooking lots of vegetables and various forms of tofu. Every night becomes its own celebration, mixed in with walks through the hills and stargazing. Tomorrow, I hope to visit the old oak trees one more time, before heading down to Pembrokeshire for the weekend (still Wales, just a different bit).

It has been a spiritual experience, being in Wales. I am learning more about myself every day, and as I experience, I settle deeper within myself, a tiny bit more knowledgable. I hope I can carry these lessons with me when I leave.

I have already become used to this little amazing part of the world, and it will be difficult to say goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. Bridget!

    Love reading about your adventures!

    Hope you are doing well, and know that we love you very much!!

    We tried to call your phone today (the new number) but were unsuccessful. Would you please take another look at it and make sure you sent the right one to us?

    Love,
    ~Chuck & Mom

    ReplyDelete