Friday, August 21, 2009

Across to Arcueil and Back (Aug 21st)

This morning was not that eventful. I just trekked all the way across Paris and back to get my suitcase, where I had left it at another host's place.

I am just glad to have it back.

I did get a chance to talk with one of my host's roommates, a very kind Frenchman going to Thailand soon. It is kind of common for me to hear about amazing adventures; long periods traveling and far away destinations are nearly ho-hum common among couchsurfers I meet. Nearly, since actually everyone gets very excited about it all.

I spent the afternoon, when I finally left the apartment after taking everything out of my bags, rearranging it, and putting it all back in again. Since most of my gifts for my family were stolen, I set out to search the city for more.

Let me say this. I hate shopping. It sucks the soul out of my body. I am terrible at choosing things, so put me into the most complicated sweet shop I have every seen, and I can do nothing. Completely overwhelmed by this afternoon, to the point where I couldn't speak French. Stared at someone asking me the simplest question...

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the language just slips away... even English. You sit there blankly staring and you're like "Hey... that was supposed to mean something. Oops."

    ReplyDelete