Monday, August 10, 2009

Oops (August 6th)

So our reservation on Megabus was for a train and a coach, but it did not tell me this anywhere online or in email.

Running around the station looking for a bus meant that we missed the train, and ended up going back to my friend's place so that Megan could sleep (since I kept her out until 4 and then made her get up for an imaginary bus) and I could make a plan.

We ended up deciding to just go on the regular bus up to Scarborough.

When we got to the station, after saying goodbye again, we had about ten minutes before the bus left, and still had to buy the tickets.

I told the bus driver we were there, and left Megan with the bags in line, and ran to the ticket office. They had no machines, and the line was very long. I panicked, and asked the first person in line if I could go in front of them. She said yes. At this point I had five minutes before it left. The ticket agent refused to sell them to me. He said that I could not refund them, that the bus would leave, and that it did not matter that the bus driver knew we were coming. I demanded that he sell them to me, looking at the clock over my head, saying there were two minutes left. He slowly put them in the envelope, took his time giving me my twenty pence change... I took them and sprinted, cutting through the bus lot (where you are not supposed to go), flying between buses and turning the corner to see Megan standing with the bus driver. He waited for us.

I nearly ran into him as I sprinted up, and he laughed, took our tickets, and put my bag on the bus.

It took me nearly half an hour to calm down, knowing that I had risked all of our money and been so unrelenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment