Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunset at the Eiffel Tower (Aug 14th)

The large park next to the Eiffel Tower was full of people; there were families, groups of friends, couples. Tourists mixed with locals. All watching the sun set behind the tower. We joined them, with a carton of sorbet and our cameras.

I am still in awe of the sky that night. It gently faded from the bright day blue to a gentler, deeper, yet still light color. Sitting there did not feel as touristy as I expected. The atmosphere was festive and friendly; everyone seemed to simply be happy to be in Paris in the summer.

The sky shifted colors, and the tower lit up. I had not told Megan that it sparkles every hour, and when it began, the crowd called out and laughed.

1 comment:

  1. It is pretty cool when it sparkles, especially when you're not looking at the time and so you're not waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete