My cousin Gerry picked me up at the airport, and back at Padraig's house I had another cup of coffee before he dropped me off at the church. Even though I had had no desire to leave Wales, once I was with my family I was incredibly happy to see them again.
The baptism did not last long, and we all went back to have a massive barbecue to celebrate. Anne had gotten vegetables and peanut butter for me, and I was able to talk with more friends and family. They ended up cooking 60 steaks, and there was just a crowd of people coming, wave after wave.
I had another cup of coffee, but eventually fell asleep in a chair in the corner, so Anne took me back. I made it to 8 p.m. before absolutely crashing. I think that was just 36 hours awake.
I woke up the next morning at 10, with enough time for a cup of tea, to say goodbye, and to head to the airport.
I wish I had been able stay longer, and am already planning to return in December.
No comments:
Post a Comment