As some of the people who might be reading this blog know, my friend Megan (from Chicago) is joining me for the first two weeks of August.
We met her at Heathrow, by some miracle, since I did not know if she had actually gotten onto the plane from Chicago, and she did not have a phone.
My English friend took her bag back to her house, while Megan and I went to visit Big Ben. And then, Westminster Abbey, across the Thames when we got a little lost, then by Downing street, to Trafalgar square, then off to Oxford circus so that I could get a new pair of trousers (a word that I struggle to use, which is a problem since "pants" means underwear here).
Megan was exhausted and jetlagged, but still managed to come out with the same crowd of friends from the night before, to the Flowerpot which had live music. Her first pint of cider, and a rocking band, marked her first day in England. I loved seeing the group again, but eventually we wandered back to my friend's place.
No comments:
Post a Comment