Friday, July 24, 2009

Airport Party, July 21st- 22nd

I flew into Girona, Spain, arriving around midnight. I had decided that I did not care about a hostel enough to pay for it (I kind of hate hostels, cannot stand them after couchsurfing). So I slept in the airport.

About a hundred other people were doing the same thing. People were curled up around their bags in every corner of the airport departures area, practically in rows. There were groups playing cards, listening to music, reading, but mostly sleeping.

I found a place near a couple of young women who had iPod speakers playing music, nestled between them.

I had a little trouble sleeping on the floor, but not much. The police came in and woke everyone up at 4 a.m., but apparently for no reason that I can understand, because no one was asked to leave, and people just went back to sleep.

In the morning, some people were kicking a ball around, others were up and chatting; I have never seen an airport community like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment