Sunday, July 19, 2009

Copenhagen, and the Night Train, and my Vegan Twin

After lingering around the apartment, my Danish friend and I set off to explore Copenhagen a little bit before my train to Vienna. The official buildings are made of brick, with green roofs, quite different from the cities of Austria and Hungary.

Without her, I am not sure what I would have done.

Eventually, I caught the night train to Vienna. This time, I had no choice but to sit up all night in the middle seat of a cabin. And it was hot.



But, I did meet two guys from Montana who were traveling around for a couple of weeks. There was a young Danish woman, a very large German woman, and a young guy with piercings who showed up around midnight. We played a Scandanavian card game for awhile, and then fell asleep. Or tried to, in awkard positions.

Earlier in the day, my Danish friend´s mother had given me three little cucumbers. Sometimes, when someone does not know what to do with a vegan, they just sort of hand over random vegetables. It was sweet.

Some time before the card game, I decided to eat one. The guy from Montana sitting next to me said something, and I told him that I was vegan, and always eating the most random things while traveling. He said, ¨I´m vegan!¨(Last thing I expected). How long? Two and a half years! Exactly the same. And the cause was a chicken patty, the same for me seven years ago. And he is 20, as well. Vegan twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment