Friday, July 24, 2009

Almost done with the list... (July 24th)

Today, I met up with my Hungarian friend and her family in the morning. After a cup of coffee, we soon were out lounging in the sun, as usual.

Her father and his friend decided to rent mopeds and drive around town, so when it was time to go to lunch, it was determined that everyone would get a lift to the restaurant, which was slightly far away.

Since I arrived in Paris, I began a list of things I wanted to do. One, ride on the back of someone's bicycle (accomplished for 30 seconds in Freiburg, Germany), and two, on the back of a moped.

Which I did, through the tiny streets of Nerja, zooming by people, shops, and around cars. Then, along the larger road, where I was able to see the mountains in the distance. And then by white Moorish houses stacked up on the sides of the road, with curving arches and bright flowers. We flew down a hill, towards the beach.

There are a few things more on the list. I am hoping to get onto a sailboat, but not sure how to do that without finding someone who owns one...

Others are more simple, like go clubbing in Hungary, pub crawl in England, live music in Ireland, climb a tree, swim in the Mediterranean, and various forms of transportation.

Vegetarian paella for lunch, another dip in the sea, chilling in the sun, then back on the moped to their hotel so that I could take a shower before I caught the bus to Malaga.

Staying here for a couple of nights, then back to Nerja.

No comments:

Post a Comment