My night train arrived at 6 a.m., and I took a short train ride to one of the seas near Munich to a town called Bernried.
When I reached the little trail through some woods, I stood in awe of the glittering sea lined with trees and meadows. I walked through the forest, through a crowd of pine trees in the gentle morning sunlight. Locals were out walking their dogs, or taking a stroll, through the forest, or by the meadows. They are so fortunate to have constant access to such a beautiful place.
I wandered down to the sea, following the walking paths. I left my things beneath a tree, and waded through the water, over tiny stones. The water was perfectly clear and cool, like the lakes of my childhood. It was quite a small sea, more like a lake, really.
I continued to walk along the water, stopping here and there to sit. There were sailboats floating off the shore, and far, on the other side, more little towns.
I climbed a tree that was hanging out over the water, and sat for awhile, watching the ripples flow over the stones beneath me. It was beautifully quiet, and every once in awhile someone out on a walk would pass by.
I walked through the lower part of town, which consisted of an old church and a collection of white-washed classic German houses (dark wood trim, tons of flowers, particularly roses, peaked roofs).
There was a large park on the other side of town, and I walked through meadows and along the water, until I had to return to the train station.
No comments:
Post a Comment