My host and her friend took me on one of those sightseeing tours along the Danube, to see all of the majestic, important buildings. It was a bit chilly, but fun. After eating lunch, wandering through the streets, and having some watermelon soup (fruit soup is another thing that is brand new to me), we went to the Hungarian Opera House.
It turns out that her father is a director there, so we went in the back door and up to his office. With wide eyes, I saw the grandeur of the old offices, which seemed much more normal for everyone else. Then we joined the guided tour of the opera house.
Our guide led us through ornate rooms, talking about kings and queens, and gilded walls. I asked him about the theater lighting, and he gave me a strange look and talked about the chandelier...I decided not to ask again.
We had dinner near a beautiful pond with ducks, where I thoroughly confused the staff by being vegan.
It was a lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment