After the library search, I walked to the river, which was beautiful, lined with trees and spanned by graceful stone bridges. You could see castles and churches up in the hills and across from it. I sat by it for awhile, dangling my feet over the edge of the pier and watching the water flow by.
Back at the flat, with my amazing Columbian hosts, I cooked dinner and chatted for a long time. I feel fortunate to have met them, because I know so little about Columbia. Their stories focused on its beauty and food, but I did manage to hear a little bit about politics (which they said were decent at the moment). I realized that I only have met a few people from South America, and know very little about it. To be honest, I associated Columbia with drug lords, so their perspective got rid of that bit of ignorance. I loved their company, and I appreciated how normal friendship is with people from all over the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment