Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day at the Beach

This morning, my new Malaysian friend and I went to a beach about fifteen minutes away, called "Los Alamos", that was recommended.

We settled down onto the sand, and I immediately jumped into the water. The strangest thing about the beaches here is that the water becomes deep immediately. There is a little ledge, and then I am practically in up to my neck. The cool water is a desperately needed relief from Spain's heat.

Lying on the beach in the sun would get unbearably hot, and I would rinse off in the cold shower or go into the sea. Almost unbearable, since it was the hottest part of the day. I would be dry in a minute.

Around 2 p.m., we went for another round of popsicles, then my friend headed back to the city to see a museum. Not having been to a single one in this entire trip, I did not feel much like leaving the beach.

This time, I rented a little lounge chair and umbrella so that I could sit in the shade. I read another book, and chilled for hours.

When I got back to the hostel to take a shower, I realized that I am a little sunburned. Not being used to a bikini, I clearly missed a few spots...woops. In my defense, it is impossible to keep up with sunblock when you are continuously needing to cool off in the water.

I'll just have to stick to the shade tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment