Friday, July 24, 2009

Back to Hamburg for a towel, then up to Luebeck, July 20th and 21st

I left my travel towel with my host in Hamburg, Germany, so she met me at one of the train stops to hand it over. I shouted and waved, hanging out of the train car, so that she could find me.

It was fortunate, because I had wanted to give her one of my books. I have been reading a lot, mostly classics because there are cheap. I think I have read four books this week...mostly in transit.

I continued on to Luebeck, Germany, where I met my next CS host, a young man going to university there.

We made vegan German pancakes, and talked for awhile; I definitely enjoyed hanging out with him. He traveled through Australia for ten months, quite a story. I have met so many travelers who have done incredible things, it is quite inspiring, and makes me feel like my trip this summer is quite tame. But that does not bother me, it is just how it is right now.

In the morning, I ran some errands in town, and then wrote my journal summary for Paris in about an hour. No time on the road for computers...

My host and I went for a walk through the town for a short time, because I had to catch the bus to the airport to go to Spain.

There is a beautiful, clean river in Luebeck, quite a far cry from the dirty Pittsburgh rivers, and he asked me if I could stay another night, so we could go swimming. Something about a particular cove he wanted to find. I truly wanted to stay, but that would mean that I would not have been able to go to Spain.

Always feeling like I do not have enough time, that the summer is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment