The next day, we decided to put on our bathing suits and lie in the sun outside, because it had been too cold the day earlier to go to the lake.
After a late start, as it always seemed to go (because we would sit and chat for awhile over breakfast after sleeping in late...), we settled outside on a blanket, with books. But we had to keep on moving our blanket, following the sunlight that was slowly being blocked by the house. All the way up onto her patio and off the grass, until we gave up and sat in the shade. Her mother came home with sorbet and ice cream, and joined us on the blanket. It was the best lemon sorbet I have ever had, with actual pieces of lemon peel. This is the moment I knew I would remember, where the two of them are sitting there, laughing and smiling, chatting about what we should do next while eating sorbet. During my trip in Hungary, I felt like I was experiencing a normal summer, the kind I had with my sister, of just chilling, going out to the movies, etc. Except this time I was 4,200 miles from Sutton, MA. Still, very similar.
No comments:
Post a Comment